If you’re tired of Facebook, try Nextdoor

Posted on July 21, 2021 6:01 am

John T
John T

Try GAB instead.

Richard Giddens
Richard Giddens

Try discussing bad failed neighborhood cops and politicians who wont arrest offenders nor stop blight, nuisances and crime in Califmexifornistan and see what happens. You get booted! No free speech or 1sr amendment but lots of platitudes, sophistey, bs excuses and state local foul government failed suckups.

How about promoting that social media does nothing for the community? And to join a community helping group IN PERSON. That actually builds community! I have been on Nextdoor for years and am alarmed by what I have seen it turn into when covid hit. The reporting, the whining, the censorship…I am a lead so I see how a lot of it is done. I am disgusted with the local entities such as the police department that posts woke stuff that downplayed blm activities in our town and since the post monitoring is done by that entity and not ND… Read more »

HAT451
HAT451

Next door is more of the same, another liberal “cancel culture” company headed by former google executive. It was offered in the area where I live, and after researching company, and their end user license, I want nothing to do with them. If someone is interested in what the woke cancel culture says about it and what it really is, compare Wikipedia entry with Infoglactic’s entry on that company.

Null Void
Null Void
Reply to  HAT451

I am surprised that this article turned up on the American Thinker. Maybe they are being pressured.

Null Void
Null Void

Not true. Nextdoor has a lot of cancellation groups that do not allow certain opinions. Plus, your information is sold and traded by the company. This is an extremely naive and uninformed article.

HAT451
HAT451
Reply to  Null Void

More-so, it is just another tool for woke neighbors to impose their Marxist agenda. Even worst, this tool makes it easy for neighbors to snitch on each other. Null Void, I would even the following adjectives, “misleading” and “dangerous”

blatherskite
blatherskite
Reply to  Null Void

Nothing but people complaining about one another.