Would-be Melrose robbers wounded when victim fires back (video)

Posted on July 21, 2021 9:38 am

Oscar W.
Oscar W.

That neighborhood is f’d, if I may be frank. I have Orthodox Jewish friend who lives in the area and it’s off the hook there. Robberies like this are common, takeovers of city streets by motorcycles and hot rods are a weekly occurrence (the folx are coming from 10 miles away), restaurants are feeling uneasy serving customers outside because of traffic accidents, petty theft is up, and just a general decline of the area that comes with marijuana dispensaries, high-end shoe stores, and street wear boutiques. To sum it up: Melrose is ratchet af.

Reply to  Oscar W.

You’re right and it’s obviously the politicians’ fault. I don’t always say that but wow! – has this area crashed and burned. Where I used to live near Beverly and La Brea was idyllic in the mid-80s — quiet, tree-lined neighborhoods, gorgeous old apartments, walk to restaurants and the movies — all in the middle of the city. No more. It’s downright dangerous now.

Oscar W.
Oscar W.
Reply to  showandtell

I lived at Park La Brea (6th Street side) for 12 months 1995/96.

Reply to  Oscar W.

Hi neighbor. We left L.A. in ’92, but still… That used to be a lovely area. Haven’t checked lately if it still is, though. Kinda doubt it, considering the rest of L.A.

Auburn Guy
Auburn Guy

Feel-good story of the day.
Unfortunately, the criminals will probably be back on the street within 48 hours and all charges will be dropped.
Instead, the cops will probably arrest the person defending himself.
This is LA after all

P.S. The councilman for that district is Paul Koretz

Oscar W.
Oscar W.
Reply to  showandtell

City Councilman recall no.4, after Bonin, Ramen, de Leon!

Reply to  Oscar W.

Really. I expect to see it. Some of the people who live there are active against this stuff and they are fighters. They’ve been putting up with this nonsense for a L-O-N-G time.

Gee, too bad that one guy was shot in the thigh. (so sad, NOT) I once lived near the trendy La Brea strip, similar to this area of Melrose. What’s being reported here definitely shows crime is worse than I remember but one of the problems is that people who shop and dine on such strips have to park on the street far away from shops and restaurants. Then, when they walk back to their cars, they are sitting ducks and are very likely going to be mugged or rolled. I witnessed this more than once, more than twice. This… Read more »

m. fuah
m. fuah

so solly, dindus. avoid gsw, don’t touch human property.