SCIENCE: Squirrels have distinctive personalities like people

Posted on September 13, 2021 6:05 am

SCIENCE: Squirrels have distinctive personalities like people

I love squirrels! Very amusing! Always have a few in my backyard.

They do really silly, funny, and seemingly dangerous, high risk things. They’re easily distracted, easily panicked, they turn and run in an instant and won’t defend their space. They can be bribed for just peanuts, and can even be hand fed when they get to know and trust you. Some will even come to me and beg for food.

Squirrels remind me of Americans who watch, read and listen to MSM and believe politicians.

TrustThePlan
TrustThePlan

Slow news day?

Reply to  TrustThePlan

If there was ever a day that we needed a squirrel story, this day is it. 🙂

Clown World
Clown World
Reply to  showandtell

Top KeK.

dean
dean

Gavin Newsom has a personality, much like the common grey squirrel.

Reply to  dean

I’d much rather be governed by the common grey squirrel than you-know-who.

Jimmy "the Broom"
Jimmy "the Broom"

The personalities of the squirrels that I see are schizophrenic; they don’t know what side of the street they want to be on. When they are perfectly safe, they’ll dash out into the road and back again or not and get run over. A bit like homeless people.

Heck, we had a scrub jay who used to hang around us in the back yard who had a distinctive personality! (He’s not with us anymore, miss him… 🙂 So yeah, UC is releasing make-work studies about the obvious again. In the end, it’s all pretty comical.

Clown World
Clown World

All mammals have personalities. But now since some kids at one of the UCs opened their eyes to the world around them, it’s official.
I have to wonder how much taxpayer money goes to reinventing the wheel and proving water is wet every year. Let’s face it, projects like these are funded to create a job that is the answer to a question no one asked.