Residents weep as they return to Laguna Beach mansions destroyed by inferno

Posted on May 13, 2022 7:01 am

Residents weep as they return to Laguna Beach mansions destroyed by inferno
Bill J
Bill J

*Laguna Niguel. It’s close to Laguna Beach, but it’s just a small “FACT.”
Headlines, smh.

Rich
Rich

sea level rise was going to get them anyway

Cerano Smith
Cerano Smith

Wait. Weren’t these people of the same mindset of the left when they mocked small businesses that were being burned to the ground since they should have insurance?

Yeah, about that…

I want to feel bad for them. I do… But somehow my sympathometer just isn’t working today. Go find another gilded claw-foot tub to cry in.

Last edited 9 days ago by Cerano Smith
Fred Jackson
Fred Jackson
Reply to  Cerano Smith

millionaire grifters. BLM got nuttin’ on them.

The_Infidel
The_Infidel

Don’t cry for me Argentina.

bigD

Wealthy or not this kind of thing sucks big.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help Keith and Lynn Morey (pictured here) to rebuild their home.
Really.. Millionaires want a go fund me page to rebuild their mansions ??? These are the richest ones in LA.. I bet they are well insured and have boatloads of cash. Fires are terrible and I can’t underestimate the disaster they face. But looking at the debris, its full of Porches, & 6,000 _ sq ft mansions with pools overlooking the beach and hills. ???

NO RELUCTANCE
NO RELUCTANCE
Reply to  John Steele

OMG they may be facing the inconvenience of driving an interim rental vehicle generic to what I drive. Boatloads of cash, maybe not; extreme incumbrancers are incurred by some to convey an image: For some the fire may be an exit strategy from the obligation of a pricey home.
All that glitters is not gold…
My home mortgage free and very content with my meager lifestyle.

The only thing certain in life is uncertainty. Nature always puts man in his rightful place. You can seek blame or redress for how disasters may start, but consider the dangers one places themselves in. Money can’t buy everything. On the East Coast, the Atlantic is reclaiming some territory and houses built too close to the shore are now merely the equivalent of flotsam and jetsam. The owners were likely not at the poverty line there either. Most absurd to me is someone in Laguna Beach setting up of a “Go Fund Me” page who may have lived in a… Read more »

bigD
Reply to  Squatch

I have to agree with you Squatch.

Reply to  Squatch